Car-Buying Services: Are They Worth It?
Buying a car is a big step! Whether you are purchasing a vehicle for private or commercial use, you’re taking on a valuable asset. However, there are different ways for you to buy a car outright. You could head to a local dealership, for example. Alternatively, you could enlist the help of a car-buying service. Here’s the low down on what they do.
What Car-Buying Services Do
Car-buying (‘procurement’) services aim to make things cheaper and easier for the purchaser:
- Buying a car can involve some negotiation. Car-buying services negotiate and find the best deal on your behalf.
- Because of their buying volumes, car buying services can often negotiate much cheaper purchase prices than an individual buyer can.
- Car buyers deal with the fleet departments of car dealerships, meaning the purchaser can avoid slimy salesmen -even if they want to go in for a test drive.
- Some car buying concierges may even be able to do all the legwork for you. That means you just need to let an expert know what you’re looking for, and how much you are willing to pay. They can find you the right car and drop it off at your front door.
However, there are some pros and cons to car-buying services to consider carefully. Let’s take a look at some of the more common forms of car buyers available to you.
Car Buying Concierges
- Car concierges are among the most convenient buying services around.
- Merely provide your concierge with as much detail as possible when it comes to your perfect car.
- They will then search dealerships, brokers and more besides. They will also do all of the price negotiation for you, too.
- However, for such convenience, concierge services can be very expensive. Do bear in mind that fees may arrive should a great deal come your way.
- On the other end of the scale, car brokers generally request no fees from you. If they do, they will be far more affordable than those expected by concierges.
- Car brokers will generally tender out the car needed to at least 2 or 3 car dealers to ensure they are getting the client the best price.
- Car brokers operate either tied to a brand or as freelance agents. It is their job to help you find savings at local dealerships based upon your needs.
Is It All Worth It?
Car-buying services can be beneficial for those motorists who may not be too confident in their buying or negotiating skills, or those who don’t want to waste their weekends fending off salesmen at the local car yard.It is much more convenient, and can often be a lot cheaper, than buying a car yourself.
Need help buying or financing a new car? Auto Car Loans can help with our car buying service and with car finance from our panel of over 30 lenders. Call us today on 1300 301 051 to get started, no matter how you want to buy your next vehicle.